Gifts of Real Estate
Donating appreciated real estate, such as a home, vacation property, undeveloped land, farmland, ranch or commercial property can make a great gift to Sharp HealthCare Foundation.
Benefits of gifts of real estate
- Avoid paying capital gains tax on the sale of the real estate
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction based on the value of the gift
- Leave a lasting legacy to Sharp HealthCare Foundation
How to make a gift of real estate
Your real property may be given to Sharp by executing or signing a deed transferring ownership. You may deed part or all of your real property your gift will generally be based on the property's fair market value, which must be established by an independent appraisal.
Some gifts of real estate can even pay you income
- Life Estate Gift Annuities allow you to continue to continue to occupy and enjoy your home for your lifetime and receive a secure income for life
- Charitable Remainder Unitrusts or Annuity Trusts pay income for lifetime or a term of years
If you have any questions about gifts of real estate, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions that you have.